I hit rock bottom with a slipped L5-S1 disc, being the heaviest I’d ever been, and feeling stuck in an entry-level job. I felt the only way to be happy was to accept that I’m a disabled person for the rest of my life.
After undergoing spinal surgery, I was still in pain and needed to make significant life changes. My wife was a big motivator, and I decided I need to make changes. Here are some ways that helped me move towards my goals.
- Want to Win – To achieve anything, you first have to want it badly enough. Your desire for success has to be stronger than your fear of failure. When you want something badly enough, you’ll find the motivation and perseverance to make it happen.
- Problems Are Opportunities – Instead of seeing problems as setbacks, try to see them as opportunities for growth and development. When you face challenges, you’re forced to come up with creative solutions and learn from your mistakes. Embrace difficulties as chances to learn and improve.
- Lessons, Not Losses – It’s easy to feel like a failure when things don’t go as planned. But in reality, every setback is a chance to learn and grow. When you experience a loss or failure, try to analyze what went wrong and use it as an opportunity to learn and improve.
- Surround Yourself with Positive Influences – Who are the five people you spend the most time with? You are the sum of the people you surround yourself with, so choose wisely. Seek out those who inspire and motivate you to grow, learn, and achieve your goals. Their positive energy will rub off on you, and you’ll be amazed at the progress you can make when you have a supportive community by your side
- Prioritize Your Physical Health – Your physical health is a key component of your overall well-being. Regular exercise, healthy eating habits, and adequate sleep can help you feel more energized and focused. Take care of your body, and it will take care of you.
If you’re feeling stuck in your personal or professional life and need help achieving your goals, check out my 12 Week Accountability Coaching Program for personalized support and guidance.