It’s not uncommon to witness heated debates over what should be considered as exclusive to certain groups of people. From music genres to fashion choices, it seems that people often try to restrict certain things to a specific audience, as if it’s their personal property.
Why do people think keeping things away from others will make them happy? Whether it’s a secret playlist of your favorite music, a secret recipe, or even your most beloved hobby, people often think that by keeping these things exclusive to themselves, they will be happier. However, this is not always the case, and there are several reasons why sharing what makes you happy can actually make you even happier.
- Fear of judgment: One reason people might keep things away from others is a fear of being judged. They might think that if others know about their interests or hobbies, they will be judged or ridiculed. However, keeping things hidden out of fear only perpetuates negative emotions and can lead to feelings of isolation.
- Desire for exclusivity: There is a certain allure to exclusivity. When we think we have something that others don’t, we feel special and unique. However, this desire for keeping things exclusive can also create a sense of superiority that can be damaging to relationships.
- Possessiveness: We live in a world where ownership and possession are highly valued. We often think that by keeping something to ourselves, we are maintaining control and ownership over it. However, this possessiveness can actually lead to a sense of isolation and detachment.
So, why should people share what makes them happy? Here are a few reasons:
- Connection: Sharing what makes you happy with others can create a sense of connection and belonging. It allows you to bond with others over shared interests and experiences, and can even lead to new friendships.
- Validation: Sharing what makes you happy can also provide validation and support. When others appreciate and value your interests, it can boost your confidence and self-esteem.
- Growth: Sharing what makes you happy can also lead to personal growth and development. When you share your interests with others, you open yourself up to new ideas, perspectives, and experiences that can help you grow as a person.
- Happiness: Ultimately, sharing what makes you happy can bring you more happiness. When you share your interests with others, it can lead to positive emotions and experiences that can enhance your overall well-being.
In conclusion, while it’s natural to want to keep certain things exclusive to ourselves, sharing what makes us happy can bring a whole host of benefits. From connection and validation to personal growth and happiness, sharing our interests and hobbies can lead to a more fulfilling life. So, let’s open ourselves up to new experiences and share what makes us happy with others.
Are you tired of feeling stuck and unfulfilled in your personal or professional life? Do you want to be more productive and happier? If so, my 12 week accountability coaching program is perfect for you. Together, we’ll create an action plan to help you achieve your goalsand build healthy habits that will improve your productivity and well-being. With regular check-ins, I’ll help you stay accountable and motivated to make progress.
Investing in yourself is the best decision you can make for your future. Start your journey towards a more productive and happy life today. Visit my Fiverr page to learn more about my coaching program and schedule your first session.